Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thai Fresh:Novi

Marshall and I visited a place he spotted off I-275 at 8 Mile Road for lunch this afternoon. Thai Fresh was a nice looking diner-style Thai restaurant reasonably busy though we were able to quickly get a seat. The menu appeared to be pretty full but common, and the lunch prices about average for most Thai restaurants of its style. We quickly ordered and received our complimentary egg-drop soup. This was terrible and I wasn't able to tolerate more than a single spoon as it had more salt than I could take (it tasted as if it might have been enough salt to exceed the suggested intake for an adult male for an entire week). The chicken massaman curry I ordered (with brown rice) was presented well though with more onions than others typically include and in a smaller portion than most. Again I found it to be heavy on the salt but not as spicy as I like from my "medium" heat. Marshall on the other hand ended up with more food than expected from his chicken fried rice but wasn't impressed by it's flavor either. In both cases the rice hadn't been cooked well and we were generally disappointed. While the food wasn't good, we've had worse. The service was much the same. The icing came when we received the check and were charged an extra $1.50 for brown rice (20% the price of the entree)! This is not a restaurant to which we will be returning.

Darryl: 2/10
Marshall: 1/10

GoogleUrbanspoon | Yelp

No comments:

Post a Comment