Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Bangkok Sala Cafe:Farmington Hills

One source for Thai food near Marshall's home is Bangkok Sala Cafe and he had me drive out there today for a taste of that store with his son. When I first spotted this place from a distance a few weeks earlier I wondered about the exterior look of a strip mall pizza shop for a thai restaurant. Once inside it made a little more sense as it seems to have kept many of the tables, chairs, benches, and even color scheme from a Bellacino's I would have to assume to have been the prior tenant. Marshall ordered his normal Chicken Kow Pad (FR1) while I ordered the normal Chicken Gang Masaman (P29). Their prices were inline with most of the stores we've recently visited, then a coupon printed from their website dropped it into toward the low-end. Each order came with Hot & Sour soup (which wasn't very spicy, had a fairly plain taste, good vegetables, but Marshall and his son found it's taste to be awful) and shrimp chips (which none of us eat). As the main dishes arrived the aspect which struck us immediately was the freshness of the ingredients (in which they take great pride based on the sign in their front window). The taste and texture did not disappoint with Marshall and Jr. rating this the best Kow Pad they can recall eating. I was very happy with mine, but the Masaman had a sweeter flavor than I'm accustom and was a little light on the spices. I would guess that Marshall and his family might be in trouble given their overwhelming good reaction (save the soup), but it is a little far for me to visit often. I was very happy and will return to try other dishes but wasn't as impressed as were they. We do give it a very high recommendation and they have very friendly and prompt service.

Darryl: 7/10
Marshall: 8/10
Jr: 8/10

Google | Urbanspoon | Yelp

No comments:

Post a Comment