Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thai Cafe:Royal Oak

For the first time in about a month we were able to escape for some Thai food again. This time our target was a small restaurant in downtown Royal Oak, right across the street from the local community college. We had been to Thai Cafe before but last spring might have been the most recent visit. Perhaps since it is such a small storefront (with a few tables outside) the service here was very prompt. As I sat down we already had our water and were placing our orders shortly after. Marshall ordered their FR2 Chicken Pad Pad Prik, while I went for the E22 Chicken Masaman (which sadly was available only in a dinner portion). Marshall passed on the Egg Drop soup and I decided to give it a taste. I'm not a fan of Egg Drop soups yet found this one to be better than usual. After a few spoonfuls it was still too salty for my taste and I abandoned a nearly full cup. The entrees arrived moments later. My Masaman was very heavy on peas with huge chicken pieces almost too large to fit into my mouth. Marhsall found his fried rice to be tasty but more spice than he wanted. Within twenty-two minutes of parking the truck we were back into the truck pulling out of Royal Oak leaving some rice and peas behind. We talked a little about the food as we drove away and concluded they used more salt than either of us like. Overall we were pleased with the taste and experience.

Darryl: 7/10
Marshall: 7/10

Google | Urbanspoon | Yelp

No comments:

Post a Comment